ORMIT & DSM Innovation Management Program
Develop yourself to become an Innovation Manager together with ORMIT & DSM!
- Talent Program
- 2 years
- Netherlands & International
- 3 challenging (international) projects at DSM
- An intensive two-year development program focused on personal leadership and innovation management
- Your own ORMIT coach and senior manager from DSM as a mentor
Are you enterprising and creative in adopting innovations and decisive in implementing them? Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then the ORMIT & DSM Innovation Management Program is for you!
For this ORMIT & DSM Program we are looking for talent that has already taken the first career steps (one to three years fulltime working experience) and who now wants to develop more rapidly, possibly also internationally, at the interface of innovation and new business development. As a young professional, you will make the connection between the innovations that are developed at DSM, the various business groups of DSM and the continuously changing demands of our clients. Furthermore, you will go through an intensive development program with ORMIT which is aimed both at your professional and personal development.
Creating useful innovations
The client portfolio of DSM is diverse and the innovative solutions of DSM are often customized but have at the same time multiple applications. For example, within the business group ‘Materials Advance Solar’ the protective layer on the surface of screens has also been used to increase the efficiency of solar panels. And within another business group 'Dyneema' is developed by DSM. This super strong fiber (stronger than steel!) has a range of applications, such as in body armor, air cargo containers and stitches in hospitals. As a young professional at DSM you will easily move through the various parts of the business groups, which allows you to make a cross-sectional application of innovative solutions by DSM possible. You signal client needs and make a connection between the client’s needs and the innovation that takes place with DSM. And you will proactively search for applications on the market for the innovations developed by DSM. Creativity and the drive to innovate go hand in hand.
The majority of the projects that you will work on at DSM are aimed at the application of innovations in existing business groups, but you will also look out for business opportunities in the EBA’s (Emerging Business Areas) at DSM. On top of that you can use your knowledge and experience gained at different business groups to further implement best practices throughout these business groups. In short, you provide for successful development and implementation of innovations.
What will you be doing?
- Challenging projects at DSM During the two year program you will work on projects within different business groups. These projects are becoming increasingly challenging and you grow in responsibility, impact, complexity and stakeholder management.
- Multicultural work experience The projects are often of an international nature. The focus of your projects will be in the Netherland. However, also projects in the US, Switzerland and other countries where DSM is located could be part of your working experience during this program.
- Intensive education and training program Consisting of subject-oriented certification courses and training days from ORMIT (around 27 days in total during two years). Develop communication skills and advisory skills, stakeholder management in organizations, an extensive toolkit of project, process and change management and self-insight to excel as a young professional.
- Intervision with other ORMIT trainees To learn from -and with- fellow trainees, also known as your 'pool friends'. This means straightforward feedback, honest observations and lasting friendships.
- Coaching by an ORMIT coach He or she helps you to develop to your maximum potential.
- Mentoring by senior managers at DSM Your mentor at DSM knows a lot about the content of your project. He or she helps you on your way if you have any questions.
We are looking for driven people with leadership potential and the ability to create changes and who have the ambition it takes to make a difference in the interface between innovation and new business development at DSM. The important things for this would be that you have a commercial, entrepreneurial attitude, can think quickly and creatively, are client focused, can network well and have the requisite intercultural sensitivity. It is important that you can translate complex questions into concrete solutions and are thorough in implementing them. It is also important that you be flexible with respect to your employment location, both within the Netherlands as international.
ORMIT specializes in talent and leadership development. We make organisations and people more successful by furthering the development of their unique talents and putting them to work. We’ve been doing this successfully since 1994!
What do we ask from you?
- Master’s degree (MSc) or PhD in hand, preferably in a technical or technical business field
- 1-3 years of fulltime relevant work experience
- Technical background or strong affinity with technical fields
- Good command of the English language
- Open for projects abroad
- Enthousiast about the development program with a focus on (personal) leadership development
What can you expect from us?
- Your submitted CV and motivation letter will be criticized
- We'll send you an online capacity test
- You'll be invited for a face-to-face interview
- We'll invite you for the ORMIT-assessment day
- We'll welcome you at ORMIT!
Do you have any questions?
Please contact our Corporate Recruiter Arlette van Lint, preferably via WhatsApp! +31 (0)6 57057672