Lead Designer Traineeship powered by ORMIT
ORMIT is proud to offer this challenging Lead Designer Traineeship at a leader in the high tech industry based in Eindhoven.
- 2 jaar
We’re talking about the lead supplier of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry. During this two-year traineeship, you’ll get the opportunity to develop yourself as a Lead Designer in this challenging high tech environment. Your personal development will get a kick out of ORMIT's state-of-the-art development program with a strong focus on leadership.
Your role as LEAD DESIGNER trainee
As a lead designer, you specify, design and test constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs, and planning.
You’ll work to develop products that meet all specifications, and that deviations are accepted. You’ll ensure that product specifications are feasible, known to all relevant parties, and that the relevant underlying assumptions and restrictions are understood. You’ll be responsible for keeping technical product documentation (TPD) up-to-date and of good quality. But most importantly, you’ll be part of a team full of skilled and motivated people with a passion for technology.
You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module, and you will ensure specifications regarding safety, reliability, stability, contamination-free, cost-effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously work on improving the mechanical architecture within multidisciplinary projects together with our mechanical team. Next to that, it’s about:
- Translate performance specifications into design specifications.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into complex systems.
- Interfaces with Project Leader and Architects.
Your future workplace
You will be based at a successful Dutch high-tech company that produces complex lithographic machines which supply chip producers with the necessary production capabilities for IC’s. This company is a precursor in the world of technology and delivers systems to all leading chip producers worldwide. The more than 23.000 employees of this company based in Eindhoven are part of the most creative thinkers in physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanics, software and computer science. On a daily basis, they work together in close multidisciplinary teams where they listen to, learn from and share ideas. It is the ideal work environment for your professional development and personal growth.
Do you have what it takes?
Kickstart your career in high tech!
What we are looking for in a trainee
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, preferably with a
specialisation in precision micro- or nano-engineering, biomedical
engineering, aerospace engineering, or other similar areas.
- 0-3 years relevant working experience
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ambition to grow into a lead designer role steering teams and suppliers
- Experience in 3D CAD (or highly driven to learn).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules
- A flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic
- Eager to drive own development
Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment? Perhaps it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress and join ASML in the role of Lead Designer.
Our offer to you
- An intense program that encourages you to grow into your position as Lead Designer within the High Tech industry
- A state-of-the-art development program with a focus on leadership
- A personal ORMIT coach
- A peer group of trainees who stimulate your personal development
ORMIT has been connecting young talents to challenging issues from a wide variety of clients for over 27 years now. For young people we are the best start to their career, for organizations the proven solution for finding, developing and retaining talent that makes a difference.
Want to know more?
Learn more about ORMIT and our development program.